Why Should I Choose to Pay a Cash Rate?
The most common question I get is, "why should I pay a cash rate for physical therapy?" "Why would I come to you and pay cash when I can use my health insurance at another facility?"
SO MANY REASONS!!
First of all, depending on the your health insurance benefit plan, a cash based physical therapy clinic will most likely end up saving you A LOT of money. I understand that you pay for your health insurance and for that reason you want to use it. BUT, what you do not realize is that most plans have a large deductible, and YOU have to pay that amount out of your own pocket until you reach that deductible. The average plan has a deductible of $1700. This means that you attend physical therapy you will need to pay out of pocket, an average of $80 per session, until you reach $1700 spent. Many physical therapy facilities will not explain this to you...so 3 months down the road you will receive a bill for $1700. Once you reach your deductible, MANY of YOU still have a co-insurance. This means that the insurance company will cover, on average 80%, of your health care costs and you are still left to pay the the other 20%.
At Rise Up Physical Therapy we tell you right up front that our physical therapy sessions cost $45. So, not only are you paying drastically less per session, BUT you are also the ONLY patient working with the physical therapist. You heard that right; your session will be 1 hour of one-on-one care by a licensed physical therapist, AND will consist mainly of soft tissue mobilization techniques. Seems like a no brainer right?
"Why would you as a physical therapist opt out of taking insurance and accept a lower rate for the services you provide?" Simply put, I do not have pay a billing agency so I can accept a lower rate. Due to lowered reimbursement rates from insurance, physical therapy facilities are now pushing to see more patients in one hour. Due to this problem the quality of care in physical therapy is taking a nose dive. So for me, I get to take my time with my patients and not feel stressed to get to the next person in line. Under the cash based model I like my job better and my patients get better faster.
"Why do you offer more time with a licensed physical therapist? How can you offer one-on-one services? How do you have more time for manual therapy?" Simply put, I LOVE my job. I love helping people learn about their bodies and imbalances. I love to help them heal from injuries and return to the activities that they love. I am not in this profession to make money. I am in this profession to help people. I am not worried about trying to see 4 patients per hour. I enjoy working one-on-one with my clients and making a change EVERY single visit.
Come check out Rise Up Physical Therapy, even if it is just for 1 visit! I promise you will not be disappointed!